Pragmatic Protagonism: the art of association leadership and invention
Leadership has the biggest influence on association success (or failure) and so well-developed leaders are integral to the success of a healthy, responsive and progressive membership body. Combining theory and functional practice, in this module you will explore the foundations of leadership and develop your understanding of leading (versus managing). Recognising however that directors need more than just a cursory knowledge of leadership theory, you will take a deep dive into association leadership in practice and develop your skills in team leadership:
1. Understand the pivotal role of the Board (and directors) as strategic and transformative leaders;
2. Be a confident ambassador, advocating effectively for the association and the profession of its members;
3. Recognise the impact that the Board can have on association performance;
4. Interpret and develop your own leadership style; and
5. Understand how to manage the complexities which are inherent in leadership.
You will also have access to our Board of Directors and Leadership competency frameworks, which you can use as practical tools for identifying and developing your knowledge, skills and behaviours as an impactful association leader.